Leadership Just Became More Disability Inclusive:
Leadership Development Program for Employees with Disabilities
Forward-thinking organizations are taking pro-active measures to identify, train and empower the next generation of diverse business leaders, to open up their pipeline and cultivate more diverse talent. Oftentimes individuals with disabilities are overlooked as the next leaders or not given the opportunities to develop their leadership capabilities. Yet we know that valuing abilities and strengthening inclusion of individuals with disabilities drives innovation, employee engagement, and brand leadership.
C5 Consulting, LLC, a certified woman- and disability-owned disability strategy consultancy, and Jennifer Brown Consulting, LLC, a certified woman- and LGBT-owned strategic leadership and diversity consulting firm, have partnered to design and deliver a customized program for employees with disabilities. “We see this program as a way to elevate the voice and contribution of employees with disabilities, greatly benefitting the organization and employee alike. As individuals with disabilities, we are able to further leverage our many strengths and senior leadership is listening.” said Katherine McCary, President, C5.
What Alumni say about the program:
“The experience was powerful and life-changing; unlike any other training experience”
“If you receive the opportunity to participate in the Leadership Development Program, I’d say “GO!” Take a step outside of yourself and see how it helps you grow”
“I am communicating differently — adjusting my style, being more thoughtful, and over time it’s becoming easier. I’ve had a lot of folks express their needs to me, and I’ve gotten clearer about sharing my needs with others.”
“I’d encourage people in this program to take risks in the room because it’s such a supportive program. The post-program follow-up has been powerful for me. I would recommend not letting the experience get diluted.”
Participants learn concrete skills and have multiple opportunities for reflection, practice, and coaching:
• How to cultivate your effectiveness as a leader during times of change
• How to succeed in an increasingly diverse business environment
• How to leverage your experiences as an individual with a disability to become a more authentic leader
• Meet successful company executives, and learn from their experiences
• Create a strong network of other high performing leaders across the organization
• Change perceptions of barriers into gifts leadership strengths.
• Understand key factors for building leadership presence, influence and effectiveness
• Explore the specific challenges and experiences faced by leaders with disabilities and develop strategies for success
• Apply insights from individual assessments to enhance and maximize career and leadership development
• Develop targeted leadership skills to communicate vision, leadership brand, and influencing and motivating others
• Develop networking and relationship building map to increase current and future effectiveness
Participant selection criteria are often limited to manager and director level, high potential talent, and those who demonstrate company values. They can also be of a specific tenure and already engaged in the company’s Employee/ Business Resource Groups.
For more information contact Martha Artiles
About C5: C5 (www.consultc5.com) has more than 30 years of senior corporate expertise in Global Diversity and Disability Leadership. Katherine McCary, President, and Martha Artiles, Executive Vice President, are nationally recognized as passionate, innovative thought leaders whose insights are sought after to lead organizations to enhance their cultures to become fully inclusive. Each understands disability from a personal lens as Individuals with Disabilities, caregivers and parents of adult children with disabilities. Well-known for its extensive Disability Inclusion IQ customized e-learning series, updated and expanded annually since its debut in 2011, C5 prides itself on their collaborative framework to deliver the most current and desired inclusion products on the market to our corporate clients. C5’s diverse team of Subject Matter Experts reflect various dimensions of diversity including disability, race, ethnicity, gender, age and military status. C5 stays abreast of current and future trends to develop customized solutions to meet clients where they are and offer actionable plans to move them forward