- Martha ipresented at the November 8 Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities (COSD) Summit on the topic: "Challenges / Successes - Behind the Scenes of Employers"
- Direct Employers Association 2012 Annual Meeting/Conference on October 24-25 in Phoenix, AZ. Details here http://deam12.directemployers.org/index.asp
- Direct Employers Association Webinar series on October 30 "Beyond Compliance to Employer of Choice"
- ODEP Circle of Champions Meeting June 5, Washington, DC
- Silicon Valley BLN (SVBLN) Kick off
We have been working with Manpower, Applied Materials, Apple, Visa. Aetna, Kaiser Permanente and the local OFCCP (among others) to establish a strong business centric SVBLN affiliate that is based on lessons learned from other affiliate’s experience across the country.
- APSE Employer Leadership Forum
C5 is working closely with APSE leadership to develop and deliver 2 workshops:
· For Employers: “Employee Engagement: Strategies for Employee Resource Groups”
· For Providers: “Building Business Relationships for ROI”
- EARN Webinar Title: Inclusive Workplace Culture: Strategies for Promoting Self-Identification for Candidates and Employees with Disabilities Date: Thursday, June 28, 2012
- C5 presented with Howard Green (NOD), to 50 attendees at the January DC Metro BLN program at SAIC in Tysons Corner, VA, “Disability as a Diversity Talent & Compliance Strategy."
- Martha presented at The Conference Board's January Disability Working Group on the topic of Disability and the Global Implications.
- Martha presented at the 5th Annual Global Diversity & Inclusion Conference in Barcelona, Spain (February) on the topic of disability as a diversity strategy. Present were 65 global companies such as IBM, Google, Cisco, SAS among others.
- C5 Managing Partners presented at the DOL Disability Employment Initiative Team webinar (February) to provide an employer perspective and help these agencies/community based organizations with how best to connect with employers.
- Katherine presented to the Capital Area Staffing Association March Meeting regarding implications to the staffing industry on the OFCCP’s Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) to Section 503 of the Rehab Act.
- C5 exhibited in partnership with the DC Metro BLN and VABLN at the Virginia’s April State SHRM Conference to engage HR, D&I and EEO/AA professionals in the “disability as a diversity and compliance strategy” conversation.