The Compliance Case
For Federal contractors and their subcontractors subject to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) at US Department of Labor, strategic Disability Inclusion has been in the forefront of compliance since the 2014 changes to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. With newly appointed OFCCP Director Craig Leen, Section 503 is receiving increased attention with Section 503 Focus Reviews. At a C5-led employer meeting in 2019, Director Leen shared a partial list of OFCCP’s Best Practices that demonstrate corporate commitment.
- Centralized Accommodation System
- Centralized Accommodation Budget
- CEO Leadership show of commitment
- Coordination with State/ local vocational rehabilitation agencies and local disability organizations
- Accessible online recruiting tools
- Comprehensive and welcoming Self-ID program
- Inclusion programs- disability-focused Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
C5’s team provides all the necessary technical expertise, products and services to address each of the seven items listed by Director Leen. For example, your organization may be considering reviewing your Reasonable Accommodation process and/or Training.
C5 offers a Reasonable Accommodation (RA) customized training (originally created for a client as a result of an EEOC settlement.) The strategy includes live training and web-based, just-in-time learning modules and includes:
- Preparation for an OFCCP 503 Focused Review
- Strategy development for a comprehensive inclusion of people with disabilities in your company
- Create/Conduct tailored training to comply with any OFCCP/EEOC settlement expectations
Enterprise-wide Disability Inclusion IQ E-Learning on your Learning Management Systems.